Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I wear my own shoes best...

Wow! Its been a long time since I've posted on here! I just got busy and life took over my time. Well since I posted last time, alot has happened. We got a puppy, named Morgan; We found our cat that has been missing for 3 months! He was taken from us, and the person who took him then turned him in to the humane society and we saw him at Petsmart and he was up for adoption!! We had to re-adopt him, but he is home now, safe and sound.

Also, I learned that I am only human and I need to be more humble. I also learned to walk in my own shoes, and to not try to do to much. I was having problems with a person I know and I thought I knew better and was doing all I could to change the situation by nearly sabbatoging their reputation with a person who could do something about it and then I decided to spend a day in their shoes...I was changed that day, I didnt realize that maybe they are doing they best they can and maybe they dont know how to be different or how to try harder. And I would be SO pissed if someone tried to make the same thing happen to me! I didnt realize how much it could and would affect someone!


Walking in my own shoes means that I need to learn my specifiic spot in life. I am not a parent and not a spouse and I'm not commited to anyone or anything, other than my payments and dog. So I need to step away from the parent roll and embrace me, as a soon to be 19 year old college student who really has no worries and no reason to stress about life. But I dont think that I know how. Lydia(8 year old sister) told me that she didnt think of me as her sister, instead of as her mom. She said she doesnt know why, but God told her she has to love me with more than a sibling love, more like a parent. It made me stop to think that maybe she, and my other siblings, do pay more attention to what I do and what I say more than I origianlly thought.


I am sooo unfocused tonight. Its impossible to write more right now.

:)

BBFN, Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment