Thursday, March 31, 2011

high school memories

I was going through all my papers and things I've kept around trying to bust some spring cleaning moves on my room, and I found some poems that I had to write for Creative Writing. CAUTION: A couple are sad ones.


Losing You

You're different.
You've changed.
Your're trying to hide your problems.
losing yourself in the dark, smokey house.
It stinks.

Your not yourself anymore.
I miss you.

You gave them the chance to change you, they took it.
You let them change you.
Nice people.
They control your mind, body and soul.

Do you even know who you are?
I don't.
Us,your friends, can't stand being around you.

Frustrated! Consumed with a fiery passion!
Pissed off!
Mad at you for not believing us. WAKE UP!

You're lost. You're confused
I understand that. We want to help you...
But you wont listen.

Best friends? Yeah Right! Not anymore
While I make excuses to not be around you,
I feel like dying. It hurts me to say no to you.
I hate having to lie.

You think you're confused?
Try being your ex-best friend.


Life

Trying to find myself in a jumble, they call it life
Wanting to know where I fit in.

Trying to work my way into adulthood,
More like the unknown.

What happens after leaving the comfort of being
carefree? Do we have to leave everything as we know it?
I wonder.

Looking into the future, wanting to know what to expect next. Other than the sunrise and sunset.

I wonder, think and ponder. Growing up is hard to do, some
say it's worth it. Others say its not. Stay a
kid, I've been told. And always a kid at heart.

The best adivce is: Just Breathe
Never forget the secrets of life.

and this one is my favorite:

Tick-Tick

Do you have any idea how I feel?
What you said crushed me;
like a piece of fresh paper all ripped and crumpled,
then tossed to the floor to be walked on.

I hate the half-hearted truths and whole lies
We used to be so close
We had no secrets
Now I ask, "Who are you?"

So busy....
To busy for me?
For what we could be?
Replaced by someone 'better'.
I was the best person I could be
I tried to save it, I couldn't take the stress
and pain of dealing with you anymore.

You being absent from my life is like living with one
lung;
Hurts to breath, eat and think.
I miss you so much. You say the same, but I hear
the hollowness and distractions in your voice.
You don't mean it, you never did.

I need to move on,
to be happy and fulfilled again. To have what is
lacking.
To know how it feels to be truly loved again.
It will never happen by you, it was never there to
begin with.
A fake, a facade and a lie. You tried so hard to make
us believe you
but it was all to make you look good. Not meant for
anything else.

I need to move on.
Your time is running out.
Like a clock.
Tick-Tick


They were all meant for someone at the time that I wrote them, and Im happy to say that the person I was referring to in the first one is now my friend again, and I've successfully made it into adulthood. lol
Thanks for reading, i'll post an updateing blog this week :)
-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment